Wednesday, April 30
I'm interested in checking out the gallery and what the space is like so I'm heading along.
click to see the details.
1. ella (2007), 2. detail from laura darlington on the prowl 1, 3. no te vueles pajarito, regalame un colibrí, 4. Too shy No.1, 5. IF - Excess, 6. Wiring Collage, 7. ?, 8. gossip sock, 9. my new door sign, 10. rainy day, 11. Untitled, 12. girls vs echidnas
Some of my favourite flickr art. click for larger view.
Monday, April 28
You can view more collage art on this website the collage box which is a collaborate group of collage artists.
or view Fiona's deviant art at unreflected.deviantart.com.
Sunday, April 27
First from when I was little.....
I loved to read and collect Enid Blyton books my favourites were the Faraway Tree series.
from my teenage years..
Sleeping Dogs by Sonya Hartnett. This book left me in shock after reading it. I sat stunned for awhile and just kept thinking about it for days.
And heres a few that Ive read recently that I really enjoyed.
and there is so so so many more!!
now lets see what others have posted.....
I walked into borders yesterday and was stopped in my tracks by this cd cover. I love the illustration on it, and it also looks very similar to (and maybe is) the work of Eveline T. So I took this photo with my phone (hence why its very blury) to remind me to look it up later.
So Ive done some searching on the internet but found nothing to tell me who it is....
Only that it's Rhonda Burchmore...Pure Imagination
does anyone know?
Thursday, April 24
6pm This Friday.
Show will stay up for 2 weeks.
322 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy.
Opp Bar Open.
If you haven't heard of Red Bubble its an online art gallery and creative community where artists can upload their images and sell them as prints, t-shirts, cards and other products. Red Bubble takes care of all the printing which is different to Etsy where you do your own printing. It remind me a little of Deviant Art meets Flickr.
Well Ill be going along tomorrow night as I'm keen to check out the gallery space. They have 7 rooms in total, each currently hosting separate exhibitions which can all be viewed (well least Im pretty sure they can be) on the night.
hope to see you there.
so here we go:
1. When I get home from work I always like to take a nap. I love to have naps, I think I was a cat in a past life.
2. When I was little I wanted to be either an Artist or a Doctor when I grew up. Such extremes....I guess I'm still like that. I love art and pretty things...but I also built my own computer...and my mothers and brothers and boyfriends....
3. I feel the cold way too easily !! In winter you will find me huddled in front of the heater at every opportunity.
4. Ive recently started making mix cds for my closest friends. Its fun to decide what songs to put on there and then make a creative collaged cover. I really should take pictures of them for my blog before I give them away.
5. I really want to participate in a craft/cd/mag swap.......anyone wanna do swaps with me?
6. I'm really bad at cooking and don't enjoy it at all......but I make up for it by liking other things like sewing and stitching and other crafty goodness.
I'm going to tag some people who hopefully haven't been tagged before.
art4friends, Button & Squiggle, Cherry Fields, Hokey
And here are the rules
- Link to the person that tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
- Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
Friday, April 18
Finally I have my hands on a copy of Curvy...It was awesome to see so many Aussie artists in there.
The Melbourne launch party didn't seem as big as the Sydney one, there was no YEN graffiti wall and it seemed like alot of the art was missing already. Maybe sold and already collected?
And look at all those red dots on Kelly's illustrations!!
and heres two of my favourite pages...
Tuesday, April 15
Wednesday, April 9
So I don't actually have a desk, so it will be on my computer desk, or my dinning room table. Today its my dinning room table.
so here we go.....
- Crocheted table cloth - this is very special to me because it was handmade by my great grandma, im told she was an award winning crocheter in her day (wish I inherited her talent!)
- Frankie - an old issue I just got in the mail, thanks to ebay.
- Passport - just got back from holidays and need to put it away safe!! I love traveling and getting new stamps for it.
- Vintage photo - a very special photo of my Nan & Pop on their first date. My Nan made her outfit in this picture, she was a tailor (another crafty lady in my family).
- Nico mag - under Frankie, havent read it yet.
- Polaroid Camera & Polaroids (planning on doing something with them like this)
- Once More With Feeling Mag - made by the talented Amy
- Heart Shaped post-it notes - love!
my favourite Bjork song, love love love.
and whilst im on the topic of Bjork covers. watch this one of "All Is Full of Love" by Death Cab for Cutie .
Ah, I feel happy now. :-)
Tuesday, April 1
Some of the amazing artists taking part in 2008 include:
Maria Vittoria Benatti-Italy / Kukula-Israel / Kat Von D-USA / Fontaine Anderson-AU / Eleanor Yap-AU / Amy Sol-USA / Susan Belle-USA / Courtney Brims-AU / Betsy Walton-USA / Kelly Smith-AU / Arlene Rieneke-Singapore / Kareena Zerefos-AU / Evi O-AU / Irana Douer-Argentina / Rebecca Orszag-AU / Miné Jonker - South Africa / Eleanor Yap-AU + MORE (I know a few more......shhh)
See photos from the LAUNCH EXHIBITION HERE.
...I cant wait to get my own copy !!