..Aftermath from Hurricane Katrina = 223,000m2 // Aftermath from Qld Floods = 1,000,000m2
I've been collecting some links of ways you might want to help out....
The Official QLD Flood Appeal
Handmade / Art / Fashion auctions with 100% proceeds to the Flood Appeal
- Kirbee Lawler is running a print auction of her prints (flyer featured)
- Lilly Piri is auctioning an original artwork on her blog.
- That Vintage is having an auction of her jewellery over on facebook
- Ames shoes is donating 100% of sales proceeds over the next week to the flood. So if you've been thinking of buying some clogs or boots then do it now! support emerging designers and the floods at the same time.
- BrisStyle Handmade Ark Appeal.
- Virgin blue are running a great initiative where you can give your Velocity rewards points to the Flood Appeal and they will convert them to money donations. So put those points to good use!
- Pip wrote... Queensland Floods: Ways for Crafters to Help.
- Natalie wrote... Southeast Queensland Floods.
- Ainslie wrote.... saving your flood damaged photographs.
- in.cube8r in Fortitude Valley has opened up some cubes to take handmade goods and designer donations to sell with 100% of proceeds going to the flood victims. Info on in.cube8r facebook page
- Jen of Style Milk has also been posting some happenings like baking relief (nom nom) and donated goods collections, such as personal hygeine products and the things most needed.
- *****talking about baked relief --- super woman Digella has been organsing the baked relief effort and the story of her efforts has even gone international! Coordinating of baked relief is happening via twitter follow hashtag #bakedrelief
I'm sure there is lots more things I've missed so I will most likely be doing a second post (or updating this one with some more links). I already know there is some big auctions being put together to run next week, through Nuffnang, Pedestrian TV and a few others. More info on those to come.
UPDATE: ART 4 HEART Auction, seriously awesome line up of Aussie artists work up for auction. The auctions are being run over two weeks, so check the schedule to put your bids in for your favourite artists.